Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds haven’t appeared at any awards shows this year. So it’s no surprise that the couple skipped the Oscars and its after-parties as well.
Neither was nominated for any awards or tapped to present. Reynolds’s film Deadpool & Wolverine, which received recognition at some other awards shows, was shut out from the Oscars. In fact, the two have yet to attend the ceremony or the Vanity Fair Oscar Party as a couple.
Lively and Reynolds have kept a relatively low profile throughout 2025, especially as Lively’s lawsuit against It Ends With Us director and co-star Justin Baldoni continues to make headlines. They attended the SNL50 special last month, however, and Lively is expected at SXSW, where Another Simple Favor will premiere on March 7.
In August, Lively spoke to Vogue about how she is actually quite timid off camera. “I’m a very shy person, so I don’t like doing photo shoots, really,” she said. “Because when I’m acting, I’m playing a character. And I don’t…I don’t feel super comfortable in front of a camera. It’s part of why I don’t want to be in magazines. I know it’s not something I’m supposed to say—I mean, this is I think the first cover I’ve done in four years. Because I just, I’m just too shy.”
She discussed her excitement over bringing a character to life on the big screen: “A blank page is not nearly as exciting to me as starting with a script and finding something people have overlooked,” she said. “Saying no, no, no, there’s something there! To me, it’s a treasure hunt. And so when I can see the treasure, then I get to be an archaeologist. I get to excavate, I get to carve it out and find this thing and show people the value in it. That, to me, is what I love.”