Entertainment

Kanye West’s Sunday Service Returns: Shaved Heads Required – Even for Kids as Young as Five!

Kanye West has revealed that his gospel choir Sunday Service is returning – but there is a catch for those selected.  Taking to Instagram on Thursday, Kanye announced he was recruiting male singers for the choir and that auditions would take place that same day in Los Angeles.  But for those chosen for the choir, Kanye said they will have to fully shave their heads.

Kanye announced that children as young as five are eligible to audition for the choir – which the rapper formed back in 2019. He wrote: ‘Sunday service the next frontier is recruiting male choir members. Those selected are required to shave their heads. Shaved heads are not required to audition. ‘The audition location is in Los Angeles and will be given upon RSVP. Open auditions will be held on Thursday, March 13, at 4 PM. Auditions are open to ages five and up.

Kanye West has revealed that his gospel choir Sunday Service is returning – but there is a catch for those selected

Taking to Instagram on Thursday, Kanye announced he was recruiting male singers for the choir and that auditions would take place that same day in Los Angeles. He added: ‘Call 424-547-2394 now to secure your audition spot.’ Sunday Service was initially given exemption from federal income tax as it was listed as what is known as a 501(c)(3) organisation.

They are classified as ‘religious, educational, charitable, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competition, or prevention of cruelty to children or animals organisations’. But Sunday Service was reportedly stripped of its charity status last year.

The rapper, who is facing lawsuits from former staff and was infamously dumped from a string of big-brand deals over his anti-Semitic outbursts, has now been hit with the ruling after failing to file tax returns for the group for three years. According to the IRS website, the gospel group’s tax exemption status was revoked on May 15.

The reason was ‘for not filing a Form 990-series return or notice for three consecutive years,’ The US Sun has reported. When Kanye first kicked off the Sunday Service, the gospel choir performed with the Grammy winner every weekend.

He wrote: ‘Sunday service the next frontier is recruiting male choir members. Those selected are required to shave their heads. Shaved heads are not required to audition’

But for those chosen for the choir, Kanye said they will have to fully shave their heads Sunday Service pictured). Their first public performance came at the Coachella festival in 2019, and they have collaborated with Texas-based Pastor Joel Osteen – who hosted Kanye at the Lakewood Church, Houston – in November that year. Tickets for the event were free, but holders resold them online for up to $500.

Kanye has faced legal issues with some of his Sunday Service members and staff – who filed class action lawsuits against the rapper in 2020 for alleged mistreatment. At the time, more than 500 performers and around 300 crew members claimed the performer-turned fashion designer had violated California work laws by underpaying them and denying them food and restroom breaks.

Kanye announced that children as young as five are eligible to audition for the choir – which the rapper formed back in 2019

Sunday Service was initially given exemption from federal income tax as it was listed as what is known as a 501(c)(3) organisation. Among them was Sunday Service performer Michael Pearson who alleged he was paid a flat day rate of $250 and was not permitted breaks. He also claimed performers stood all day or sat on the floor and walked home when transport was not provided.

It was reported in June Kanye settled with the hundreds of Sunday Service performers and staff for $1.35million. But they were seeking more than $10.5million in damages.

Related Posts

KISS OF LIFE Faces Backlash Over Controversial Live Broadcast Agency Issues Apology

K-pop girl group KISS OF LIFE has come under fire after a controversial live broadcast celebrating member Julie’s birthday. The event, which had an “old-school hip-hop vibes” dress…

NewJeans Stays Silent in Court, But Fans Roar Louder Than Ever

On the morning of April 3, the Seoul Central District Court’s Civil Agreement Division 41 (Presiding Judge Jeong Hoe-il) held the first hearing in the lawsuit filed by…

Young Thug Breaks His Silence — But Prosecutors Slam the Door Shut

Recently, Young Thug allegedly shared a tweet calling Fulton County Investigator Marissa Viverito the “biggest liar in the DA office. ” It’s only been a few months since…

Kanye Declares War: ‘Vultures 1’ Isn’t Just an Album—It’s WW3

Kanye West shared a tracklist full of characteristically absurd song titles on social media on Thursday morning. He shared a track list for a new album titled, WW3, on X (formerly Twitter) early Thursday morning. While he didn’t confirm a release date in the post, DJ Akademiks reports that it will be dropping by surprise earlier than fans may expect. “New Ye album dropping tomorrow. WW3,” he wrote on X with fire emojis. The tracklist features a total of 11 songs, most of which have absurd names such as “Cosby,” “Virgil Let Me Down,” and more. Fans in the comments of Akademiks’ post don’t appear too excited about Kanye West’s announcement. “Ye really went from a legendary figure to dropping songs with Dave blunts,” one user wrote. Another added: “This is by far the most DIABOLICAL tracklist I’ve ever laid my eyes on.” Kanye West New Album Release Date As of 9:00 AM, EST, Kanye West has not released the WW3 album, but he’s built quite a reputation for being unreliable about release dates over the years. The announcement comes as West has been incessantly making headlines for his controversial antics online. He recently went on one rant about the late Virgil Abloh, who it seems he’ll be dissing again on the new album. After having complained about him during an interview with DJ Akademiks, last weekend, West elaborated in a post on X on Wednesday. He wrote: “Imagine a n****a steal your dream and is given your crown because he ain’t wear a red hat and then the culture you built mad at you speaking up. My own friends that knew how bad it hurt me came tryna check me for speaking up. I hate when n****s try to tell me what the f*** I can say.”   Xem bài viết này trên Instagram   Bài viết do DJ Akademiks (@akademiks) chia sẻ The WW3 news also arrives shortly after Kanye West dropped his highly-anticipated album, Bully, last month. He dropped that project by surprise alongside a short film directed by Hype Williams.

J Prince Weighs In: The Epic Clash Between 50 Cent and Rick Ross Heats Up Over Millennium Tour Drama!

In a recent turn of events in the ongoing feud between hip-hop titans 50 Cent and Rick Ross, J Prince has weighed in on the drama, highlighting the…

HoneyKomb Brazy Declares War on the Prince Family: A Bold Fight for Freedom in Hip-Hop!

In a dramatic resurgence within the hip-hop scene, HoneyKomb Brazy has stirred significant controversy with recent statements directed towards the Prince family, known for their affiliations with Rap-A-Lot…